The purpose of this RIG is to foster collaboration among nurse-scientists and clinical scholars, and collectively contribute to the advancement of science that underpins the nursing care of acutely and critically-ill patients and their families across the life span and health-care settings. The reorganization of this section reflects current issues and trends affecting the care provided for these patients in the hospitals, long-term care facilities, transport/mobile ICUs, urgent care centers, and homes.
Who Should Join?
Nurse scientists, clinicians, nursing students
Groupsite Community Networking Platform: https://mnrs.groupsite.com/
Meet the RIG Leadership for 2020 – 2021
Kelly Calkins, PhD, RN, CCRN
Anna Krupp, PhD, RN, CCRN
Natalie McAndrew, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC
Teresa Jerofke-Owen, PhD, RN
2020-2021 RIG Awards
The 2020-2021 RIG Awards Nominations are now closed. Please be sure to attend the RIG Annual Meeting right before the 2021 Annual Research Conference in March 2021 for the announcement of RIG Award Winners.
1. Increase RIG membership
2. Increase award applications
3. Hold a Guaranteed Symposium on acute and critical care research challenges in 2020
4. Coordinate a Competitive Symposium for 2021
5. Distribute RIG newsletter twice a year
6. Tweet important RIG information
7. Provide mentorship in RIG through ‘Meet the Professor/Senior Scientist’ sessions at RIG meetings.
Overall/Long Term Goals
To engage members in the development, implementation, and dissemination of research and scholarships.
- Create a collaborative network among RIG members such as developing a directory of their area of science and population of interest (neonates, pediatrics, adults), current research projects, and professional affiliations.
- Cultivate new generations of scientists through mentor-mentee relationships.
- Engage members in scholarly dialogue to identify and address barriers and challenges in the development and implementation of research projects in acute and critical-care settings through guaranteed or competitive symposia.
- Recognize scholarly achievements among students, clinicians, faculty, and researchers.
- Support the mission, vision, and strategic directions of the MNRS.
If you are interested in learning more about the Acute & Critical Care RIG, please explore the minutes from the past meetings:
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2020 Annual Conference
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2019 Annual Conference
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2018 Annual Conference
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2017 Annual Conference
Acute & Critical-Care RIG Minutes from the 2016 Annual Conference